|Ling Chan |
From Ling Skincare's Website
You can read more about Lin Chan and the history behind her line on her website,
What is Ling Skincare About?
If you read any of Ling's promotional material or even browse their website you will learn that Ling Chan has brought her knowledge of Asian herbal skincare to her line along with a belief that most of the skins problems that we commonly complain about are derived from lack of hydration.
Ok, so the reason I get pimples and clogged pores is that my skin is working overtime trying to hydrate itself? Sure. Let's roll with it! After all, the Tazorac my dermatologist has put me on does dry out some parts of my face - the parts the break out all the time. Makes sense to me!
My Agreement with Ling Skincare
After discussing my skin with the Ling skincare rep I agreed to try Ling Skincare's At Home Facial - and Regimen Kit for a month (or until my kit wears out). The kit normally sells for $85 and comes with a variety of products to take you through Ling's "5 Simple Steps": Purify, Hydrate, Solve, Nourish, and Renew. We're going WAY beyond the Clinique 3 step system here folks! I hope I can keep up! The kit I received contains the following products:
- Purifying Facial Cleanser 2.0 oz.
- Herbal Clay Clarifying Mask 0.5 oz.
- Replenishing Hydrator 2.0 oz.
- Elastin Collagen Cream 0.5 oz.
- Moisture Plenish Solution 0.5 oz.
- Spotlight Papaya Resurface Peel 0.5 oz.
- Ginseng Therapy Moisture Mask. 0.5 oz.
- Sample: Oxygen Plasma Potion
- Sample: Drying Lotion
- Sample: Pomegranate Detox Mask
- Sample: Instant Oxygen Recovery Mask
- Full Size: Re-Lite Eye Gel - I am a very lucky girl. I get asked about eye products all the time and have very little experience with them so we'll see how this goes.
So What's My Plan?
I have never done anything like this before, nothing this extensive. So I have to make a game plan!
- Begin with the Ling Facial - Lets be honest, this is going to be a pain in the rear doing myself. The facial has a lot of steps (and I will document them for you). But I am supposed to do this once a week. I can manage that. And who knows, I might even enjoy it. Yes, I totally intend to YouTube this one for you at some point.
- Daily and Nightly Routine - I am going to start this as soon as I finish with the Facial. It seems to be very similar to many other skin routines that you see out there so I don't expect many surprises.
- Weekly "Ling Skincare Diary" - Every week, maybe more than once a week if I feel it necessary, I will post on my progress with this skincare system, let you know how I'm doing.
- Individual Reviews - As I feel comfortable and familiar with each product I try, I will do individual reviews for those of you who are curious about some of the products but not others. Most likely some of these will be take care of within my Diary entries.
Special Quadra Peel Promotion by Ling Skincare - August 11 through December 31
Incidentally, if you are in NYC, Ling Skincare is offering their Quadra Peel Treatment for a limited time at the rate of $95 (usual price: $175). If you are interested, you can call their New York Locations at the following numbers for an appointment:
- Union Square - 212-989-8833
- Upper West Side - 212-977-2883
The products in forthcoming reviews were furnished to me by Ling Skincare not only for my use but for review. Other than the products mentioned above I will not be compensated in any other way by Ling Skincare and will provided my honest opinion of the product. I don't sell Ling Skincare products, nor am I affiliated with Ling Skincare in any way.