However it did give me the chance to try out my Meow Cosmetics Purr-fect Puss Foundation samples. My dermatologist suggested I might want to try mineral foundations as they usually contain fewer ingredients and (his theory here) might not aggravate my skin to break out quite as much. This was my first mineral foundation experience (I don't count MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish). I was very pleased.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides
Choosing A Color
Meow Cosmetics advises that you select a few different colors as samples to try in order to find your perfect match. I ordered about 5 different foundations. Looking at their colors when I finally received them I realized that only two were possible contenders. The one you see above was, of course, the wrong color for me. It's just a shade lighter than I need (the shade pictured is Sleek Sphinx). But rest assured, you can find the color you're looking for. Although Temptalia's Foundation Matrix says an NC15 in MAC should be an Inquisitive Abyssinian in Meow, I think I'm actually a "Frisky Sphinx".
I poured the sample into my palm and used my 187 brush to swirl it around in my palm and cover my face. It actually buffed in really smoothly. I used way too much Sleek Sphinx in the picture above and have since realized that a little goes a very long way.
Purr-Fect Puss is supposed to be the lightest coverage. It's definitely buildable though. My skin was having a terrible week and I was happy with this foundation's ability to cover my blemishes.
A sample size only costs $1, but a 85g jar will cost you $21.95, and the Munchkin size 25 gram jar will cost you $10.95. Considering my sample of Frisky Sphinx has lasted me over a week I'd say you get your money's worth.
This foundation can be a little drying. Make sure you don't put too much on and are wearing a decent moisturizer. Also, if you put too much on the little hairs on your face stand out a bit more. But I'm still learning how to work with this stuff.
I suggest giving this foundation a shot. Make sure you select a few samples first. I almost garantee your first guess won't be correct looking at the color swatches on their site. But read the drescriptions - they are accurate.
I went and purchased 2 Purr-fect Puss and 1 Pampered Puss (to try it out) Munchkin sizes once I figured out my shade.
I think my skin isn't freaking out with it as much as it does with MAC foundation. Maybe I've finally found the reason for my breakouts!
Breakdown of the Face - (because I liked it)
- MAC Paint Pot in Vintage Selection - On lid first as base.
- Fyrnnae Eye Shadow in Koala - On top of the paint pot.
- Meow Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Virgin - brow highlight.
- MAC Fluidline in Dark Diversion - upper liner
- MAC Eye Kohl in I Get No Kick - Lower lash line. You really can't see it on me. I'm gonna keep trying it until I figure out what all the fuss is about.
- MAC Plushlash Mascara in Plush Black
- Meow Cosmetics Purr-fect Puss Foundation in Sleek Sphinx
- Meow Cosmetics Blush in Delicious Despair - awesome blush... seriously awesome.
- Tokidoki Lip Stain in Nana Star
- Evil Shades Lipstick in Cursed Beauty
- MAC Who's That Lady Lip Gelee