They really should call this something like the "Robbery Case" because it contains three palettes: Royal Pride, Arlecchino, and Rapina. Other than that it's a very decorative tin with a mirror on the inside and a cute tokidoki magnet on the front. You can remove everything from the inside and use the tin for storage, which is kind of cool. But really, this "palette" is all about the packaging.
I didn't do single swatches for this - I just decided to see if I could do a complete eye look with each palette. I may swatch shadows separately if you want. Just let me know. But I figured it might be more useful to know if you could get a complete look (minus lips) out of each palette.
By the way, because you can remove each palette, I think these will make xcel
- Lion Pappa Eye Shadow - Shimmery Tan. Used here in crease and outer third.
- Savana Eye Shadow - Yellow shimmery. Very yellow. Used here in inner third.
- Ercolini Eye Shadow - Very orange bronze shadow, my favorite of this palette. Used here in the middle.
- Bulleto Eye Shadow - Dark brown, almost black. Used here as liner
- Royal Pride Bronzer - Very light, wearable bronzer.
|Face using Royal Pride Palette|
- Soya Eye Shadow - Wassabe green eye shadow. Shimmery. Used here on inner.
- Candy Cane Eye Shadow - Matte white that is actually very sheer. I used it as highlighter.
- Ninja Dog Eye Shadow - Purple blue shimmer. Used here on outer third.
- Meteo Eye Shadow - Dark blue shadow. I used it as a liner.
- Momobella Blush - Gorgeous pale pink. But it's easy to go overboard with it. I had to sheer it out.
This palette turned out to be the most interesting palette. The colors in here are actually very fun. I could see myself using these with other colors as well. Like the Arlecchino palette, I might not use these all together ever again.
- Liberty Eye Shadow - Dark green shimmery shadow, almost black. Used here over the entire lid.
- Bullets Eye Shadow - Silver shimmer shadow used here in crease and highlight.
- LA Gun Eye Shadow - Dark blue shimmer shadow dochrome black. Used here smudging the lash line.
- Adios Eye Shadow - Matte Black used as a liner here.
- Pulpettina Blush - Raspberry blush. I had to sheer this one out too.
|Face using Rapina Palette|
Savana, Soya, and Bulleto are the only shadows that appear to be in the listing of the Chromatico eye shadows that Sephora carries. I assume that means they are permanent. Overall the quality of these shadows was on par with what I like (MAC) and I was able to play with them to get the color payoff I wanted. I did go sheer with them - I was wearing these looks to work after all. I love the palette packaging, though I think they went overboard with the tin. I appreciate the utility of it. Based on the offerings in this palette, expect to see me purchasing more Tokidoki this year. This is good stuff!
Definitely a palette for someone with a large variety of eye makeup tastes!This palette is on sale at Sephora for $39. For the price I consider it an excellent value and a good way to get to know Tokidoki. However, I think everyone buying this will have one favorite palette they go to the most.
Seriously crazy packaging! But I love it. :)