|Screen capture of my current "My Style" Room|
What is My Style?
The My Style room is a place where you the Send the Trend shopper can gather the items that YOU like and share them with your friends (similar to Polyvore but not quite as sophisticated yet). You are able to provide a picture of yourself, load the room with your own selections, and BE the curator of your own accessories collection. The idea itself is something I've wanted for a good long while now, especially as a way to keep track of my own purchases!
My Experience with My Style
As I went through the My Style set up, I took notes to share with Divya on my wishes as a user. I'll spare you the "bugs" and issues I found as a user experience specialist (yes, I was "showing my inner geek" a bit too much) but here are my hopes for My Style as it continues to grow:
- Default items in the room COULD be the items we as the consumer have purchased.
- It would be nice to move items around, pair items we wear often together, and basically customize the display (currently it appears to populate by random).
- When sharing on Facebook and Twitter, I really wanted to attach a picture of my My Style room for people to see! Right now it just defaults to the STT logo.
- As I get my friends (and readers hopefully) involved in the My Style portion of the site, I want to see not just the "top stylists" but also ones that I personally have chosen to follow.
- I absolutely want to upload more pictures of myself wearing more pieces! Seriously, seeing items worn is the best way for me to tell if I want to purchase something so why not allow it?
- So many of the things I like are now "Sold out" - that can be a bit of a negative thing for a fellow follower to see. Might be nice to have a Past Items area as well as a current items area.
Anyway, check my My Style site out if you want to get an idea what it's like. And of course, you can always "Vote for My Style" if you like it. I'd be honored.
I am not affiliated with Send The Trend. I was not promised compensation for this review, though when I sent my brief report to Divya she decided to send me a free accessory to thank me for my feedback.